Friday, May 17, 2019

Hi All,
I am happy to say that we are done with our SBAC testing! (with the exception of one or two students who were sick...) I was so impressed with the perseverance and focus I saw. This class rocks!

This week, we have not had much in the way of new academic learning due to SBAC testing and play rehearsal. Math has continued as always, and we are learning how to divide 4-digit numbers by 2-digit numbers. Phew! That's a long way from where we started. The students have all kinds of great strategies for this kind of math, and I am truly proud of the learning I have witnessed.

Thank you to those who have already turned in their rafting waivers and checks. I know we have a full week, but feel free to get those in early so we have all of our ducks in order for this big trip  Thank you also to those of you who have offered to send in props and costume pieces. Keep 'em coming! Our play is looking SOOO good, and the kids are really excited!

I will be out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week since my youngest daughter is graduating from college -- once from her college and once from her university -- and the graduations are on week days!  I will miss the kids but have left them in very capable hands. Mr. Brezic will handle science, and Mrs. Bianca will be their guest teacher all 3 days. I will have access to email and will be happy to communicate with you as needed. I think it will be a smooth 3 days, and I will be happy to get back and reconnect with my class.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment